"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Home From College

I did this painting of Kara two years ago. I was 90 percent done when I was trying to squirt acrylic paint out of a bottle and instead of squirting down it went sideways to the left. It went from the bed and across her face all the way to the other side by the curtains. Well, to say I was upset was an understatement. I just sat there and didn't know what to do. The painting was ruined and I couldn't fix it. Soooooo I knew I would want to paint it again but not for a while. This is the new painting and it is watercolor and collage. Look at it hard and you will see paper I have torn on her top, the curtains, pillars, and the bedspread. This is the direction I would love to go in. I just needed to get this painting finished first so I could move on.

Collage, watercolor on Arches 140 paper.
Sold