"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Boys-Bhutanese Monks

My husband, our friend Mike, and I went on one of our favorite trips. It was a long trip, I think we were gone for about a month. We flew into China, then to Chengdu. That was the only way a person could get to Nepal at the time. From Nepal we went to another country in the Himalayan Mountains called Bhutan. We went to another Monastery but instead of going in I took pictures of about eight young males studying to be monks. This picture was before they knew I was there. These two were studying very hard and didn't realize I was there until I had taken a couple of pictures and shown it to the others. After that they all started showing off, just like any other kids that age. We took serious pictures , then silly pictures. There was one boy who wanted me to take his picture after he straighten his robes for a very long time. It was a beautiful picture of a very beautiful boy. These kids made my whole trip and I spent less than an hour with them.
140 arches wc paper-watercolor and gesso