"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Men's Club

I started this painting about 2 or 3 years ago when we went to Puskar, India. The huddle of men were in a larger picture that I took with camels, tents, and all their gear for the largest camel, horse, and cattle gathering in the world. It was very interesting, hot, and dusty. I would love to go see it again sometime in my life. I have always wanted to know what they are talking about. Were they trading for an animal or just shooting the breeze because they only see each other once a year? I think the painting looks hot and dusty, what do you think?
acrylic drips and water color on Arches 140 paper