"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cowboy Boots

  
I paint paintings for most of my friends if I know what they like.  Nancy has been an inspiration to me because of her fun spirit of life and her incredible creativity.  She is mostly a fiber artist that runs toward Art Quilts which includes material, found objects, and beads.   I asked her husband to send me pictures of something she would want me to paint for her because he is an outstanding photographer.  They have been on two incredible trips last year so I thought I would get pictures from their trips or of their yard in the country.  He sent me 10-12 pictures of Nancy. It's funny because I wasn't thinking a portrait.    Be careful want you ask for!!!  So, I have painted this painting of my friend.   I hope they like it,  I think it fits her personality perfectly.