"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Judy's Coconuts

I took this picture in my friends backyard in Naples around the end of January. We have been friends forever. It was in the high 70's but back home we were having an ice storm. We were sitting by her pool, reading and talking when I looked up and I saw this tree with the coconuts. I snapped a few pictures and here we are a few years later. I played around in Photoshop and came up with this design. The picture took a long time to paint plus it was hard to stay focused enough to finish it. I almost did give up but I knew if I finished it I would be glad I did. I do like it, what do you think? Went to an opening where I put in Judy's Coconuts and the painting won Second Place!!!! Yaaaaa I was so excited. 140 Arches Watercolor Paper