"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Bad Boy

I had this photo of my son, Kurtis. It was in black and white. I took a workshop from Nicholas Simmons when he came to Sandy Maudlin's Studio. The first day he explained photo Shop and how he uses it. It was what I had been waiting to learn. I knew this picture would work well if I could remember what Nick had said. What fun! We threw paint at blank pieces of watercolor paper in her studio. You should have seen her wall ! Colors everywhere. I came home and threw paint outside, on a day of 96 degrees. It was too heavy on top so I turned it around and painted it with the drips going up instead of down. It was fun but do you like it? The more I look at it the better I like it and of course it looks a little like my son in his bad boy mode! Fluid Acrylic and Watercolor