"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cocoa Beach Pier

This is a picture I took from under Cocoa Beach Pier.  Again, I am drawn to water to paint which is not an easy thing to do.  You have to put water and paint down on the paper and wait until the paper is just starting to dry and then lift off the paint in the areas you want.  It's all about the timing.  I was lucky on this one.  I painted everything else first and then did the water.  If the water didn't happen right the whole painting would be ruined.
This is an oversized painting which I like to do but the framing is so expensive.

Entered this in Central Florida Water color Society and won First Place!

Watercolor on 140 Arches.