"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Monday, November 11, 2013

Italy-Cinque Terre

Italy-Cinque Terre
Usually painted in warm earth tones, I chose to paint the hills of the rugged seaside and hilltops in cool vibrate colors.  This was a real stretch for me because I instinctively reach for warm colors.  I really had to think before I reached for the paint.  It was an excellent challenge.
 
Have you ever been on a trip and there is always one person who drives everyone crazy?  Well, unfortunately, it was me this time.
I went with a friend who was so nice about me being sick.  I really felt bad for everyone on the trip having to listen to me cough and wondering if they were going to get it too!

Painted on 140 Arches wc paper, Watercolor