"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bobby

This is a picture for a wonderful friend who has waited patiently for me to paint her something, anything, but we couldn't come up with what. She said , "All I can think of is a painting of my grandson". We had pictures of him at the beach, at home, with his Dad on the beach, Bobby sitting in a chair with cute sunglasses, etc. ,etc. ,etc. I saw this shot and decided I had to do this even though I really only wanted to do his face and shoulders. The guitar made the picture except for his face. Look at that face. He looks angelic doesn't he? His parents love, love, love, Bob Dylan. That is where he got his name. Now is the scary part, I have to show my friend the painting she has been waiting for. Watercolor