"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dave's Murphy

Robin and Dave live about a mile down the road from me. They ride motorcycles with my husband. We have become fast friends because we both love to take photographs and we have a lot in common. On with the story. They have three cats, one which is Murphy. I went over to take a few photographs of him. He is a beautiful Himalayan Cat. Robin picks him up and puts him into my arms. He just snuggles into me and wants me to pet him. No Problem! Most cats do not want anything to do with someone new. We proceed to put him on the porch and he stays just how we put him and I take a few pictures thinking this is the easiest pet photo I have ever taken. Painting him was altogether a different story. This is the second painting. I struggled a lot painting him but I feel it was a great learning experience. I hope Dave loves it, Robin is giving it to him for his birthday. Happy Birthday Dave! Watercolor