"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Friday, June 5, 2009

Perry

I had this picture of my friend's daughter for about two years. Since I paint, everyone thinks I can paint everything and anyone. Not true ! Each and everyone of my paintings is a real challenge. I think that is why is love to paint. You just do not know if it will work out. Some days are better than others. I painted my daughter sleeping just to try a portrait. Since she was a success I thought I would try a person with their eyes open. This picture is not perfect but really close. Her hair is wonderful and I thought that would be the challenge. I am really excited about being able to capture this gorgeous little girl. Watercolor