"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jewelry Of India's Women

Women from all over the world love jewelry. My husband and I were in India, in a remote town where there were no tourists. We saw this ankle bracelet and was interersted in it because a lot of the women had them on their ankles. The bartering went on and on. We left and walked around a little and decided to go back and buy the bracelet. It was an item that was truly part of a women's life in India. This lady had it on when we went back and I asked if I could take her picture. I did and after we left my husband said she was fixing her hair and the shaw she had on. I felt bad because I took pictures of her feet! This is a batik painting on rice paper with wax. Watercolor Batik on Rice Paper