"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bathing Beauty


My friend and I went to Louisville to take pictures in a very old cemetery. He took pictures of beautiful tomb stones and landscapes. I sat on a bench for about 45 minutes and just took the most wonderful pictures of two mute swans. This swan was used to having people him and did not mind me taking pictures of him. I had such a good time just sitting and watching him and his mate go through their day. I am thinking of doing a series on the two of them. I have great pictures and I am really in love with them. I won a ribbon in the Cincinnati Women's Art Club this summer for Bathing Beauty!