"THE WORLD IS A BOOK, AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE."Saint Augustine
"ART ENABLES US TO FIND OURSELVES AND LOSE OURSELVES AT THE SAME TIME."-Thomas Merton

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lummi With A Humpy

Rae and I were walking along the boats in Bellingham, Washington. I was taking pictures of the working fishing boats. A man called out and asked what we were doing and I told him. He asked if we would like a couple of salmon for dinner. We were both surprised and pleased. We followed him back to his boat and he held out two big fish for us. I laughed and asked him if he had a bag to put them in. He laughed and asked if I wanted him to clean the salmon too! I said sure! This is the picture of him cleaning our dinner. What a great day. He was a Lummi Indian and the salmon is called a Humpy. Watercolor